I forget how traveling with my Dad is so jam packed with activity! I have such great memories growing up of all the road trips we made and how I had seen so many things that my friends have never seen because their parents didn't make exciting side trips! Now that I am a parent I love that I can do the same thing for my kids, but I never realized how tiring it can be to add all those little extra stops and hikes into a car trip. Lets just say by the time we got to New Mexico and our hotel in Rio Rancho we had been through three states (Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico) and two National Parks (Arches and Mesa Verde)! The kids will have great memories, but right now all I can think about is how long we were in the car. Of course now that I am home the trip out wasn't nearly as long as coming back! We got into Rio Ranch around 8:30pm and ran to a restaurant for dinner then we all crashed. The next day was Briana's big Graduation party so we spent the day at my sister Bonnie's house with her family helping get the food ready and letting the kids play and get to know each other. It was my first time seeing my nephew Francisco who is 6 and Bonnie had never seen the twins or Quinn so it was a lot of fun having everyone together. The Party was a big pool party and it was a lot of fun but since I was in the pool the whole time with Quinn I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. I do have a few pics of the kids hanging out at Bonnie's house!
Mom, Bonnie, Olivia, Quinn, Christopher and Dad hanging out in the living room!
Ricky and Briana in the kitchen, Briana had sprained her ankle at work that day and was icing it!
Quinn and Christopher playing with a balloon while Olivia relaxed!
Francisco and Elina playing video games in the game room!
All my girls with cousin Francisco on the tramp!
Quinn with his best buddy Chato! The first day he was calling him Chuckle and then that turned to Taco! Chato is a huge Pit Bull, but the sweetest dog ever! He followed Quinn and me around constantly and was so sweet. Their other dog is Sugar she is Chato's mom, but I don't think she is even half his size. She decided to run and jump on Quinn, she hit him and he hit the ground I was worried it would freak him out, but he looked her dead in the eye and said "SUGAR...you made me eat durt". That was it no tears and no fear just outright honesty. Too Funny!
Quinn is famous for telling you he misses someone the minute they have walked out the door and when we left my sisters house I was waiting for it. He burst into tears and said "me miss Taco already" so cute and it says just how great a dog Chato is!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
New Mexico...FINALLY!!!
Posted by 4 Johnson Kids at 6:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment