CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Shriner's 5K with Olivia!

So several months ago everyone at work decided they wanted to run a 5K for charity. I thought it would be a fun thing to do and since they chose Shriner's as the Charity it was even better since my Grandpa was a Shriner. Talking to Olivia she thought it would be fun to run with me so we submitted the idea for her Masters project with Universtiy of Learning. We have spent a lot of time running together to build up her endurance and she has trained so hard. Today the weather wasn't the best and I wondered if she would be ok running in the rain, but the rain stopped before the race and didn't start again during the race so it just kept us nice and cool! Olivia did awesome she finished the race in exactly 45 minutes which beat her best time by a full 9 minutes. I couldn't be any prouder! She is Awesome! Here are some pics from the race. Well actually before and after the race, I need to figure out how to get the pictures off my cell phone and then I can post pictures of Olivia running during the race!










1 comments:

Brena and Jered said...

Way to go Olivia. I don't think I could even run a 5k.