CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

I know I know!

Ok so I already had Melody get mad at me for not updating more often so
I am planning on doing it this weekend when I have more time, but I thought I would share a quick story to give everyone a laugh. So anyone with kids knows that they expect you to do everything for them...well the other day I had had enough the girls were ordering me around and I snapped. I said "There is no sign on my forehead that says I am your maid, servant or slave so do it yourself!" As usual it had little or no impact...or so I thought. So Monday I am in the kitchen doing homework with Olivia and Quinn comes in and says "Get me a drink of juice" I said "I don't have your cup go get it and I'll get you a drink" I told him it was in the living room in the diaper bag and he says "No you go get it" I said "If you don't go and get it I'm not getting you a drink." So he turns to me, puts his hands on his hips with the most serious expression a kid can muster and says "No you go get my cup you my slave!" Needless to say I didn't go get the cup, but I did have to leave the room so he wouldn't see me rolling on the floor laughing. The moral of the story is kids do listen to what you say, but they come up with their own meanings for it. Hope that helps everyone get a laugh!

1 comments:

Bethie said...

I love this story-- kids definately hear what they want to hear. sometimes it is not the point we were hoing for at all!!! Quinn is a cute BIG boy:)